wrdunn. was 30 years old in 2016 & it doesn’t seem two minutes since we were working on our first project with Harewood House in the late 1980s. To celebrate the occasion, we highlighted ten big moments from the team that helped wrdunn. become what it is today.
- 1986 – wrdunn. was founded in York, based in a home office on Stockton Lane. The practice first commissioned work was with Harewood House, a partnership that is still on-going today
- 1990 – First commission with the Ministry of Justice and the practice relocated to Acomb in 1996 with the purchase of 27 Front Street, Acomb, to form a large multidisciplinary practice over three floors
- 2002 – First Project Partnering Contract: HMP Wymott – New House Block & Ancillaries
- 2005 – RICS Pro-Yorkshire Awards for Ripley Castle & High Petergate York
- 2005 – Largest project at HMP Holme House commissioned – £30m
- 2010 – RICS Shortlisted award for Lambton Castle refurbishment, Best Building Design Award – Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority for Private House, West Burton
- 2011 – 25 Year Celebrations of wrdunn., 25 years of working for Harewood House Trust Ltd and 21 years of working for Ministry of Justice/HMPS
- 2015 – Secured framework agreement with Frontier Estates Ltd
- 2015 – Largest recent project commissioned to date from Rangeford Holdings’ Siddington Park Retirement Community, £37.5m
Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our journey so far. Here’s to the next thirty.